There are only around 130 of them left. Imagine if there were only 65 members of the opposite sex left in your species. Not a very deep genetic pool. I don’t think this bodes well for the western Pacific gray whale. Good luck friends. Sorry about the fishing nets, oil drilling, all that noise, and oh yeah- the folks from my side of the water that tried to species-cide you.
My sandwich at lunch today had at least 21 grams of protein. No wonder I wasn’t hungry until way later…
- Whole Foods Multigrain bread: 4 grams protein per slice
- 4 slices LightLife faux turkey: 13 grams protein
Now I just gotta figure out who owns LightLife. I heard a rumor it was some huge conglomerate like Dean Foods or some bullshit like that. Could be a deal-breaker. That turkey is so good though. At least I know it is non-GMO.
Some stuff I want to keep track of, and you might like to peruse, listen to, or watch…
- NPR : Debate Over Whale Hunt Focuses On Japan – It looks like the whole idea of defending a ridiculous practice just for the principle is losing traction. Aired June 21, 2010.
- NY Times Magazine: Tuna’s End by Paul Greenberg – Maybe the best summary I’ve seen on the plight of Bluefin, especially in recent times. Covers the CITES failure, the oil spill, and some great visuals that make the animal seem more real, and how they are caught. Published June 21, 2010.
- On Point (NPR): Killer Whales: Tanks and Tensions with Tom Ashbrook. – A 47-minute radio program exploring whales in captivity, including Tilikum in Orlando.
- Plants & Animals Denver – www.plantsanimals.org – the vegan advocacy group I help organize. We are currently working on a local Bluefin tuna campaign, and putting on vegan community dinners every month.
Sloppy Joes for snobby vegans.
With tots of course.
Made with French green lentils, green bell pepper, tomato sauce, and onion. Our new Veganomicon is paying dividends already. I can see this in a public school lunch program. Easy, tasty, healthy, fun for kids, ethically delicious.
Now that’s a salad. Onion rings and tempeh bacon on top of greens and veggies. The dressing was fantastic too.
City O City’s “The Rocket” salad.